Welcome to the submissions portal for The Factory 2020.
In The Factory you can explore and experiment with artists’ moving image, working closely in small groups to make short film work supported by professional artists and filmmakers. As part of the course you can study for a Silver Arts Award which helps you grow as artists.
Find out more about The Factory programme here.
The deadline for applications is 8pm on Sunday 15 December 2019.
We want to ensure that anyone can apply to The Factory, so if filling in this form proves to be difficult for you or you have any questions, please get in touch with Alina Trewhitt by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0191 227 5508.
Who can apply?
You can apply to The Factory if:
- You’re interested in learning how to make artist films
- You’re between the ages of 15 to 19 years old
- You live in the North East of England
- You’re not currently attending University
- You’re able to attend all of the sessions (see list of dates below)
Why might you apply?
We are looking for young people who are interested in art and filmmaking but remember you don’t have to have made a film before to apply. Here’s just a few of the reasons why you might want to get involved:
- You want to meet new people
- You want to learn about filmmaking in a fun way
- You’d like to explore film as an art form
- You want to see a film you’ve made on a big screen in a cinema
How do I apply?
It’s easy: all you have to do is answer the questions in this form. If you need to save your application and come back to it later you can save it by choosing 'Save Draft' at the end of the application form.
What happens after I apply?
- We will read all applications after the deadline date and use the answers you provide to select who takes part
- If we are able to offer you a place we will phone you on Wednesday 18th December
- If we’re not able to offer you a place for this year we will contact you by email